A full tutorial on how to add OptiFine to your Minecraft launcher and add shaders with download links and a video tutorial.
How To Install OptiFine To Minecraft Launcher
OptiFine is a great feature which can help on many levels. Its known to help with lag by being able to change many of the settings in game and make gameplay even on older computers much more playable.
It also gives you them wonderful HD looking textures, shadows, flowing water and more. This is something that you can install client side and use when on any single player world or server (if the versions match).
OptiFine Download Links
- Download OptiFine 1.18.2
- Download OptiFine 1.18
- Download OptiFine 1.17.1
- Download OptiFine 1.16.5
- Download OptiFine 1.15.2
- Download OptiFine 1.12.2
Installing OptiFine On Your Minecraft Launcher
- Download OptiFine for the version of Minecraft you want to play on.
- Double click the folder to start the download.
- On the window that pops up select Client Side.
- Wait for the components to download.
- Open your Minecraft launcher.
- Select the installation “OptiFine (the version you downloaded)” eg OptiFine 1.18.2.
- If you dont see it in your options to play click on the Installation tab.
- Make sure that modded is ticket on the top and look for your version of OptiFine in the list.
- Create the installation.
Now when you press play you will be opening up Minecraft but with OptiFine installed. It will say modded server as OptiFine is a mod and will run for Forge.
Installing Shaders to OptiFine
- Download your shader, CurseForge is a good place to download them.
- Use the Windows search bar and type %appdata%
- Click on .minecraft
- Click on shaderspacks
- Paste or move the .zip shader folder into the shaderspacks folder.
Using this guide you can really help with any lag you might be experiencing by tweaking the settings in game or simply make your Minecraft world come to life with shadows, beautiful water textures and all the other great textures you can get using Minecraft shaders with OptiFine.